Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New build iMac stuck at OS X 10.8.5

My late 2013 27-inch iMac HDD crashed and I’ve had a new SSD installed.

The iMac arrived with 10.8.5 and no matter what I try I’m unable to upgrade to Catalina.

I can’t even get this page to open on the iMac - accessing from my iPhone.

I’ve searched these forums but the links provided are either broken or no longer valid.

It’s taken weeks to get to this point, I’m sure there’s an easy solution in just not seeing.

Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 12:19 PM

When posting, telling us things like "no matter what I try...." tells us absolutely nothings. Please be specific when posting otherwise we cannot help you . For example have you tried using How to get old versions of macOS to upgrade to Catalina?

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 22, 2021 2:07 PM in response to paul ollier

You are unable to upgrade to Catalina because it requires that you are already running macOS Mavericks (10.9.5) or later. You should be able to upgrade to Mojave (10.14.6) as it requires that you are running macOS 10.8 or later. Using Safari only, follow the link that rkaufmann87 provided, and you can download Mojave from the Mac App Store.

I strongly suggest that you backup your current operating system with Time Machine before any operating system upgrade, and you should also determine from the vendor site if your printer/scanners are supported on Mojave.

New build iMac stuck at OS X 10.8.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.