Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod Mini and Airplay frustration

Why when i ask siri on homepod mini to play some music always airplay it from my phone?!!!

If i put my airpods pro and i open the the music in phone and choose different song then my homepod and airpods play different music (as they should) .

I am taking airpods off and the airplay sign is not blue anymore....

(My hey siri command in phone is off).

It is just frustrating , i just want to play music through homepod mini and not have my phone involved with the process unless i need something from my playlists.

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:18 AM

Are you sure it is actually playing from your phone? There is a handoff feature that allows an iOS device to show what is playing on a HomePod so that you can pause, alter volume, or choose something else from your cloud. You can prove your phone isn't involved by switching into airplane mode, your music will carry on playing.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 7:18 AM in response to AkisKap

Are you sure it is actually playing from your phone? There is a handoff feature that allows an iOS device to show what is playing on a HomePod so that you can pause, alter volume, or choose something else from your cloud. You can prove your phone isn't involved by switching into airplane mode, your music will carry on playing.

tt2

Feb 23, 2021 12:48 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you very much for your answer, I think you are right but its a bit furstrating.

Lets say that i am coming home from work. I say hey siri play some dance music .Homepod responds and we are on.

Song starts to play and as you say i see the song that plays on my lock screen.

If i unlock and go into music app and choose another song from iphone it will stop what homepod plays and play the new song that i choose.( also at the bottom of music app i see the song that's playing from homepod mini)

After that i swipe down control panel and i press the airplay button on the music , i see the screen that has at bottom the option "control other speakers and televisions". Pressing that gives me the options of iphone and my homepod.

1) If i choose the iphone, it appears in control panel , lock screen and inside music app the iphones last song(homepod still plays the different song that i have chosen from before) . I choose another song from music app then my phone plays different song than homepod.

2) If i choose the homepod it appears in control panel, lock screen and inside music app the homepods music. I choose another song from music app then homepod starts another song and iphone remains silent.

I think that what you say it is correct because i close completly internet while i had the option 1 and homepod still carry on.

The whole thing needs refurbish in my opinion.

Homepod Mini and Airplay frustration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.