You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t remove files with no entry icon on google drive via Files App.

This is very annoying I recently tried to copy a data file with .ipa extension and a Live image file .heic extension from my IPad drive to google drive using the Files App. The copy process failed, and I am left with the two files having no entry symbols which I can’t select to delete or open. The two files don’t show up on google drive on any other app, eg via the google app itself or via browser access.

The files with no entry symbols only appear if I access the google drive using the Files app. Is this a bug, any solution to removing these files ... otherwise I am afraid more bugged files might appear in future which I can’t remove. Is google drive very touchy on what kind of files is transferred to it from the iPad? JPEG files and word pdf docs seem to copy flawlessly ... but certain data formats results into failed copy with no entry symbols attached and can’t be deleted.

Anyone has a solution? Or is this a known bug.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 5:48 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 23, 2021 2:37 AM in response to CVHawkeye

If you are experiencing difficulties with the native Files App being able to access and manage files, perhaps consider using a third-party File Manager App.

There are many File Manager to choose from in the App Store, but one with good capability and reputation is FileBrowser - Document Manager:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/filebrowser-document-manager/id364738545

Can’t remove files with no entry icon on google drive via Files App.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.