Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files not updated google drive contents

Hi everyone,

I have an ipad pro and am using software version 13.3.1 - well now that I just checked, it's updating to 13.4. (This problem is still occurring after updating to version 13.4.)

If I access google drive through the google drive app, I see all of my files and folders, even ones I just added on my pc. Everything is as it should be (although I've never tried to access a shared drive, just the main drive).

When I go to the files app and open the google drive, the newest file is from early January 2020. I've written numerous files, probably at least 30, to my google drive since then. None of them are there. And it keeps bouncing between showing me those old files and telling me content is unavailable. The new files never show up even though the google drive app updates them instantly.

To troubleshoot, I've tried removing my secondary google account from the drive and changing my appleID to match the main google account - which is actually an XXXX.edu address through google as it's through my university. I've also tried force restarting the app and the ipad.

How do I get files to correctly see what's on my google drive? I'd like to be able to launch files in the correct apps directly from files, but I can't do that now.

Thanks

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 1:06 PM

JK5689,

It sounds like the Google Drive location in the Files app is not displaying the same information as the Google Drive native application.

It sounds like you've already insured that the Google account in your Drive app matches the AppleID you are using, and you restarted the iPad.

I wonder if we could check to see if the file organization is what is causing the discrepancy. To make sure you're seeing the most recently edited files in the Drive app, make sure you choose to view by "Last modified":

Next, in the Files app, when you go into the Google Drive location on the left, pull down and organize by Date:

If the two apps are functioning properly we should expect to see the same files listed in both locations. If not, the next step may be to reinstall the Google Drive app, and connect it again to the Locations section of Files. For assistance in that here's the Support Article that walks you through the process: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481#thirdparty

I hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 1:06 PM in response to JK5689

JK5689,

It sounds like the Google Drive location in the Files app is not displaying the same information as the Google Drive native application.

It sounds like you've already insured that the Google account in your Drive app matches the AppleID you are using, and you restarted the iPad.

I wonder if we could check to see if the file organization is what is causing the discrepancy. To make sure you're seeing the most recently edited files in the Drive app, make sure you choose to view by "Last modified":

Next, in the Files app, when you go into the Google Drive location on the left, pull down and organize by Date:

If the two apps are functioning properly we should expect to see the same files listed in both locations. If not, the next step may be to reinstall the Google Drive app, and connect it again to the Locations section of Files. For assistance in that here's the Support Article that walks you through the process: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481#thirdparty

I hope that helps!

Files not updated google drive contents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.