Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I have 5GB of iCloud storage in my iPhone 11?

I have an iPhone 11 with 64gb of storage, and why does it always say ‘u don’t have enough storage for iCloud in photos’ like what do I do, I thought I had 64gb of storage and it says two different things, it’s so confusing, and none of you are answering the question, just repeatedly saying ‘iCloud storage and iPhone storage are two different things’ when that doesent help?? So what am I supposed to do, but more storage when I got plenty of 64gb.

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:07 AM

First free 5GB storage is allocated for an account holder , if iCloud storage is short and lot of applications data like mails , notes , calendars , including photos are synced Turn iCloud features on or off - Apple Support and if it exceeds free iCloud storage an error will be shown to free up the space .

Some options are delete the storage , or upgrade the storage plan .

Check the storage How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Upgrade your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 2:07 AM in response to sanaakk

First free 5GB storage is allocated for an account holder , if iCloud storage is short and lot of applications data like mails , notes , calendars , including photos are synced Turn iCloud features on or off - Apple Support and if it exceeds free iCloud storage an error will be shown to free up the space .

Some options are delete the storage , or upgrade the storage plan .

Check the storage How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Upgrade your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

Feb 23, 2021 1:43 AM in response to sanaakk

Can you explain a bit more, what you are trying to do? Do you want to use iCloud Photos to sync your photos to a computer? Or do you want to use iCloud as an additional storage for your photos? With only the free 5GB of iCloud storage, you can only use iCloud for photos, if you are having just a few photos on your iPhone.

When you are using iCloud Photos, the iPhone and iCloud will be in sync. Your complete Photos Library from your iPhone will be uploaded to iCloud and then sync back to the iPhone. You need enough storage in iCloud to hold all your photos, all your iCloud emails, Contacts and iCloud backups, whatever you are using iCloud for.

This requires that you usually need more iCloud storage than the storage on your device. 5GB of cloud storage will only suffice for iCloud Photos, if you only have very few photos and videos on your iPhone, no more than 1GB or so, or the photos will quickly fill iCloud and make it impossible to use the other iCloud services. With a 64GB iPhone you should get yourself a 200GB iCloud storage plan, if you plan to use iCloud for your media files like photos and videos, at least more than the internal storage of your iPhone has, or you will not even be able to make backups of your iPhone.

Feb 23, 2021 2:02 AM in response to léonie

Oh ok thank you, it’s just that I did it know I only get 5GB when I bought my phone, and it’s confusing because when I go to my iPhone storage in general, settings, it says only 100MB then when I click onto my iCloud storage it says it’s 4.7GB, filled. And that my photos is 1.5GB, like why does it say two different things of the amount, like which one is it, coz I have about 1,100 photos containing more photos than videos. And I keep getting emails of that my storage is full, and if that happens can I not use my photos anymore, or my iCloud email etc.

How do I have 5GB of iCloud storage in my iPhone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.