Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen and homebutton broke. Want to move info to other phone without buying new screen

Well, My screen broke and the touch screen and home button are not working, and I get some little feedback from the screen visuals.

I want to know if there's a way for me to save the whatsapp chat data from my Icloud and send it to my google drive. And if I can get my phone recordings back. All of this without having to buy a new screen for the phone.

Thanks for your time :)

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Restore the last backup you made of your broken phone to the new one.

If you didn't back it up before it broke, then the data is most likely gone for good.

It's too late to back anything up after the fact.

You might be able to do so after getting the screen replaced, but odds are by the time it's replaced, the phone will be disabled from too many incorrect login attempts. Once that happens, anything on the phone is gone.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 1:27 PM in response to cuchoct

Restore the last backup you made of your broken phone to the new one.

If you didn't back it up before it broke, then the data is most likely gone for good.

It's too late to back anything up after the fact.

You might be able to do so after getting the screen replaced, but odds are by the time it's replaced, the phone will be disabled from too many incorrect login attempts. Once that happens, anything on the phone is gone.

Feb 23, 2021 1:32 PM in response to cuchoct

WhatsApp does not provide any mechanism to backup and restore their App’s data across platforms. iOS WhatsApp only backs up to and restores from iCloud, and Android WhatsApp only backs up to and restores from Google Drive. The WhatsApp developers have simply never built in a ,echo sim to move data across platforms.

And if you cannot enter commands via the touch screen, you really cannot do anything with an iPhone. The touch interface is the only way to interact with iOS.

Screen and homebutton broke. Want to move info to other phone without buying new screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.