Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not sure if my WhatsApp is backed up

unfortunately my iPhone fell in the toilet, and I wish to use my old iPhone in the meantime (until I get a new one) - I can see that my iPhone has been backed up in general last night, however WhatsApp always said the back up fails. I can see that there is a lot of storage used by WhatsApp on my iCloud (43.9 GB), but I am still not sure if it was backed up recently. I don't want to lose that information while switching to an older phone. and if I can I would obviously want to avoid fixing my phone since I prefer to buy a new one (I was meaning to replace it anyway). My lightning port isn't working so plugging it to a computer and backing it up that way is not an option.

I guess my two questions is -

1. is it possible to see when was the last WhatsApp update?
  2. can I log into my WhatsApp account from the old phone for now, and back up the phone that fell in the toilet later and retrieve the entire data?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:37 AM

ronichia wrote:

1. unfortunately my iPhone fell in the toilet, and I wish to use my old iPhone in the meantime (until I get a new one) - I can see that my iPhone has been backed up in general last night, however WhatsApp always said the back up fails. I can see that there is a lot of storage used by WhatsApp on my iCloud (43.9 GB), but I am still not sure if it was backed up recently. I don't want to lose that information while switching to an older phone. and if I can I would obviously want to avoid fixing my phone since I prefer to buy a new one (I was meaning to replace it anyway). My lightning port isn't working so plugging it to a computer and backing it up that way is not an option.
is it possible to see when was the last WhatsApp update?
2. can I log into my WhatsApp account from the old phone for now, and back up the phone that fell in the toilet later and retrieve the entire data?

Direct your question to Whatsapp or look at their support site, not an Apple app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 8:37 AM in response to ronichia

ronichia wrote:

1. unfortunately my iPhone fell in the toilet, and I wish to use my old iPhone in the meantime (until I get a new one) - I can see that my iPhone has been backed up in general last night, however WhatsApp always said the back up fails. I can see that there is a lot of storage used by WhatsApp on my iCloud (43.9 GB), but I am still not sure if it was backed up recently. I don't want to lose that information while switching to an older phone. and if I can I would obviously want to avoid fixing my phone since I prefer to buy a new one (I was meaning to replace it anyway). My lightning port isn't working so plugging it to a computer and backing it up that way is not an option.
is it possible to see when was the last WhatsApp update?

Direct your question to Whatsapp or look at their support site, not an Apple app.

Not sure if my WhatsApp is backed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.