WhatsApp data Missing from iCloud

Hi,

I backup my old device to iCloud including WhatsApp data, I thought everything is safely stored in iCloud looks like everything seems good, but once i got my new iPhone i tried to restore the backup from iCloud everything is restored except WhatsApp data.

I lost whole WhatsApp data including chats, photos, media files, documents.

I have tried all the possible ways with iCloud team.

I have been contacting iCloud support and WhatsApp support team, They simply throughing the ball to other hand. No proper response.

Who is gonna fix this..

Posted on May 11, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:40 AM

Last 2 years WhatsApp data missing from iCloud on 4th October. How do I get it back?

Similar questions

2 replies

May 11, 2023 1:40 PM in response to RamakrishnaNalimela

RamakrishnaNalimela wrote:

Hi,

I backup my old device to iCloud including WhatsApp data, I thought everything is safely stored in iCloud looks like everything seems good, but once i got my new iPhone i tried to restore the backup from iCloud everything is restored except WhatsApp data.

I lost whole WhatsApp data including chats, photos, media files, documents.

I have tried all the possible ways with iCloud team.

I have been contacting iCloud support and WhatsApp support team, They simply throughing the ball to other hand. No proper response.

Who is gonna fix this..

Whatsapp backup is different than the icloud backup as outlined here https://faq.whatsapp.com/902477924463699/?locale=en_US&cms_platform=iphone

Not an apple/icloud or iphone issue you'll need to take it up with Whatsapp.

WhatsApp data Missing from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.