Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus alert

Hello, so about a month ago, I was in Safari when I went into a website that showed this thing “your iphone has (4) viruses” And i clicked on the buttons there because I didn’t know what that was. Then, I downloaded the app they told me to ( I don’t remember if it was from app store, but the app is in appstore and it’s caller securespot, do you know if this app has malware? )

Anyways, I erased it later, because the app was scanning my iphone x and telling me i had a lot of viruses and that I had to pay to remove them. I did not pay. But the app is still in my purchases when I go to settings. But is it possible that my phone has malware? That app looked like it did. And can I grt a malware just by clicking on the website like I did when I saw the alert?

I erased my safari history and data but I’m still worried. Do I need a factory reset? I really do not want to do that....

And is it possible that my malware got into the house’s wifi and into my mom’s phone? If yes, this is bad because her phone has her bank data and credit cards and stuff.....

What should I do?????? Please help me

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Virus alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.