Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically Add to Music; will folders work, or just files? Best way to manually transfer iTunes?

Will this work if I drag folders into the folder, or only files? I got a Mac mini, want to manually transfer all files from 2017 iMac; what's the best way to get all my iTunes music into Music?

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:21 PM

Yes, you can drag files or folders into the 'Automatically Add...." folder (do this while Music is running) and in a short while it will add them to your library. Anything that is non addable (such as photons in the same folder) will get placed in a "Not Added" folder.

If you upgrade from a pre-Catalina release to Catalina or Big Sur, Music will pick up your existing iTunes library. Otherwise, you can just take your files and add them yourself, as above.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 7:21 PM in response to slornx

Yes, you can drag files or folders into the 'Automatically Add...." folder (do this while Music is running) and in a short while it will add them to your library. Anything that is non addable (such as photons in the same folder) will get placed in a "Not Added" folder.

If you upgrade from a pre-Catalina release to Catalina or Big Sur, Music will pick up your existing iTunes library. Otherwise, you can just take your files and add them yourself, as above.

Automatically Add to Music; will folders work, or just files? Best way to manually transfer iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.