Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CanoScan LiDE 110 does not work with Big Sur

I've had this scanner for years, it works with every single other piece of Apple technology, except of course my brand new M1 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.2.1.

I'm so glad I spent $2,000 on a new laptop and I can't even scan something.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 9:12 PM

I also today discovered Canon's (terrible) scanner software for the LiDE 110 does not work with Big Sur. But: I went into System Preferences and chose Printers & Scanners, clicked the Plus icon, and was able to see CanoScan LiDE 110 right there and add it in. Once you add it, you can click "Open Scanner" and you're in business.

Caveat: this only seems to produce jpegs, but I only need to scan things for tax season, so I guess it'll do.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 9:12 PM in response to ayyyyoooooo

I also today discovered Canon's (terrible) scanner software for the LiDE 110 does not work with Big Sur. But: I went into System Preferences and chose Printers & Scanners, clicked the Plus icon, and was able to see CanoScan LiDE 110 right there and add it in. Once you add it, you can click "Open Scanner" and you're in business.

Caveat: this only seems to produce jpegs, but I only need to scan things for tax season, so I guess it'll do.

Mar 1, 2021 7:30 AM in response to mschlock

Thanks for the reply. This was the first thing I tried after the scanner did not work properly; I just tried again and it doesn't appear in this menu for me. Did you do anything special to have the LiDE show up in this menu?

I am considering just downgrading my OS to Catalina since that was the last time it worked with my laptop. Currently I am switching between my personal/work laptop in order to use the scanner. There's also a piece of software available (https://www.hamrick.com/) for $45 that works with many back-models of printers and scanners.

It's a true shame that Apple continues to remove ports from their hardware, removing support for legacy software, essentially making all of our hardware useless. We can't even plug in a basic USB anymore without buying more dongles and adapters. Many people use Apple Computers for work purposes, and have done so for the past 10-20 years, and this planned obsolesce is a real slap in the face to people who have buying Apple for years.

CanoScan LiDE 110 does not work with Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.