Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud

When I needed to sort out my computer to update to BigSur, the Apple rep suggested I turn off iCloud temporarily. Everything is working again but I don't know how to get my desktop and other files back!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:02 AM

Hello skeenastreetstudio,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We see that you need help recovering files on your Mac after temporarily turning off iCloud. We're happy to help.

If you haven't already, use the steps in the following resources to make sure that you're signed back in to iCloud and that all the apps you want to use with iCloud have been turned on:

Set up iCloud on your Mac

Access your iCloud content on your Mac

If your content is still missing, check iCloud.com to see if it it appears there. Let us know the results. Be sure to tell us what content is missing and all troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 8:02 AM in response to skeenastreetstudio

Hello skeenastreetstudio,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We see that you need help recovering files on your Mac after temporarily turning off iCloud. We're happy to help.

If you haven't already, use the steps in the following resources to make sure that you're signed back in to iCloud and that all the apps you want to use with iCloud have been turned on:

Set up iCloud on your Mac

Access your iCloud content on your Mac

If your content is still missing, check iCloud.com to see if it it appears there. Let us know the results. Be sure to tell us what content is missing and all troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.