Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally turned on voiceover at high speed and can not unlock my iPhone. I cannot slide the shut down button. I cannot activate Siri because I’m not on the internet. Please help.

Help me get into my iPhone to turn off voiceover. Nothing works!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:07 AM

Hi Jeske818,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with disabling VoiceOver on your iPhone. We'd like to help you with this.

Since you're unable to use Siri to disable this, you can try to use one of these other steps:

Use accessibility shortcuts on iPhone:

• Triple-click the side button (on an iPhone with Face ID).
  • Triple-click the Home button (on an iPhone with a Home button).
  • Use Control Center.
  • Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn the setting on or off.

Do any of those steps help? Let us know.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 8:07 AM in response to Jeske818

Hi Jeske818,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with disabling VoiceOver on your iPhone. We'd like to help you with this.

Since you're unable to use Siri to disable this, you can try to use one of these other steps:

Use accessibility shortcuts on iPhone:

• Triple-click the side button (on an iPhone with Face ID).
  • Triple-click the Home button (on an iPhone with a Home button).
  • Use Control Center.
  • Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn the setting on or off.

Do any of those steps help? Let us know.

Have a good day.

I accidentally turned on voiceover at high speed and can not unlock my iPhone. I cannot slide the shut down button. I cannot activate Siri because I’m not on the internet. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.