Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save or move photos to own folder on iPhone?

I am a new iPhone user and I would like to know if there is possibility to create my own folder directly in iPhone where can I move selected photos from the All photos (album? folder?)

Kindly thanks to all for any help.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 11:22 PM

Dear Axel.

Thank you very much for your reply but unfortunatelly it doesn´t work for me. When I just to do it all selected and moved photos are still in Main folder mean main Library or All photos album. I think that these are not folders as I know it and normaly use it on my old Android device, but just Albums whichs behavior is like a tag for photos. Am I right or no?

Based on my reply is there any reason to do it as I described?

Thanks a lot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 11:22 PM in response to Axel Foley

Dear Axel.

Thank you very much for your reply but unfortunatelly it doesn´t work for me. When I just to do it all selected and moved photos are still in Main folder mean main Library or All photos album. I think that these are not folders as I know it and normaly use it on my old Android device, but just Albums whichs behavior is like a tag for photos. Am I right or no?

Based on my reply is there any reason to do it as I described?

Thanks a lot.

Feb 23, 2021 11:07 PM in response to Dave-i12

Currently, you can move your selected photos from one folder to the other. You can also create a NEW ALBUM to place selected photos in.

Open Photos ➔ Select Photo(s) ➔ Share (Bottom Left icon) ➔ Add to Album ➔ You will see a NEW ALBUM ➔ Tap on the label New Album and change the name ➔ Tap on the Album : This will move the selected photo(s) into that New Album.

Axel F.

Save or move photos to own folder on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.