Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem in using HDMI tv as seperate monitor

I'm using sony bravia hdmi tv as external montior along with my 13 inch macbook pro mid 2012 model. Everything works fine until i change the resolution of external montior. Now i cant able to use the external screen in seperate display mode. Display working fine in mirror display mode. TV display turns black and cant able to change the resolution of the external monitor while using it in seperate display mode. I tried using in safe mode, resetting nvram, deleting com.apple.windowserver.plist but no use. Help me in changing the resolution of exernal display .

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 4:38 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 25, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Karthiksaran

Hi Karthiksaran,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that after changing your display resolution there is no picture on your connected external display.

You've tried some great troubleshooting steps so far. When you accessed safe mode, what happened exactly? Try the steps from If there’s no picture on your Mac after you change the resolution next. Resetting in safe mode as mentioned in that article might help resolve this issue with your external display.

If the same continues, also try troubleshooting steps in the Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac article.

Have a great day!

Problem in using HDMI tv as seperate monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.