Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock iPad Air from a former employee

I have an ipad air that needs to be unlocked.it belongs to work and I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the store to get it unlocked. A previous employee had the ipad, left the company and didn't leave his apple id or password to the ipad. i have the serial number and device ID

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 7:41 AM

Hello Sunnysmom,

Apple can remove a lock if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online here --> https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what constitutes proof. In the past this has been the receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer with the name of the first owner and a documented chain of ownership after that (so usually it has to be the first owner who does this, or a descendant with court issued documents). This is a new feature and some users have had problems getting it to work so keep that in mind (also let us know if you do get it to work so we know it does work for some!)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 7:41 AM in response to Sunnysmom1

Hello Sunnysmom,

Apple can remove a lock if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online here --> https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what constitutes proof. In the past this has been the receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer with the name of the first owner and a documented chain of ownership after that (so usually it has to be the first owner who does this, or a descendant with court issued documents). This is a new feature and some users have had problems getting it to work so keep that in mind (also let us know if you do get it to work so we know it does work for some!)

Unlock iPad Air from a former employee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.