Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro Low Battery Sound Too LOUD

I love the AirPod Pros, but the low battery sound is so loud that it actually hurts my ears and sometimes causes migraines. I use them every day with my MacBook Air, and this is getting to be a huge problem since it is not feasible to check the batteries constantly. PLEASE--how can I turn off the alert or at least lower the volume at all on my MacBook? Thank you!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 1:31 PM

Hey! I have an idea. I think that if we can get enough people to submit a feature request for this then we will stop being terrorized by our AirPods. I've shared the link below to where we can do this.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/airpods/

Just title your subject: Apple Airpod Low battery notification sound

Feedback type: Feature Request

Include a comment for more details about it like so:

Dear Apple team,

Thank you for your amazing work and I am loving the latest iOS 15 updates! Although I have been enjoying all the new features, I have seen some very concerning posts on the Apple Community forums regarding the AirPod Pros and other models.

It seems that the volume control on the AirPods is limited and the most concerning aspect is that the volume on the low battery notification is TOO loud.

Please see this discussion page on your Community site

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252491455?answerId=254971115022&page=1

for more details.

I believe that there is a significant amount of customers that share the same opinion that this needs to be addressed as it might be concerning the health and safety of users.

Thank you for your time and efforts

81 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 1:31 PM in response to jagälskarhundar

Hey! I have an idea. I think that if we can get enough people to submit a feature request for this then we will stop being terrorized by our AirPods. I've shared the link below to where we can do this.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/airpods/

Just title your subject: Apple Airpod Low battery notification sound

Feedback type: Feature Request

Include a comment for more details about it like so:

Dear Apple team,

Thank you for your amazing work and I am loving the latest iOS 15 updates! Although I have been enjoying all the new features, I have seen some very concerning posts on the Apple Community forums regarding the AirPod Pros and other models.

It seems that the volume control on the AirPods is limited and the most concerning aspect is that the volume on the low battery notification is TOO loud.

Please see this discussion page on your Community site

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252491455?answerId=254971115022&page=1

for more details.

I believe that there is a significant amount of customers that share the same opinion that this needs to be addressed as it might be concerning the health and safety of users.

Thank you for your time and efforts

May 7, 2021 10:26 AM in response to jagälskarhundar

This has been really bothering me too, and I'm concerned it is damaging my hearing. Sometimes it makes me jump out of my skin, particularly if you're falling asleep to some calming music. Apple really need to address this.. surely it wouldn't take much to allow some control over the sounds.

I have submitted a Product Feedback ticket through the link provided, though i'm not convinced it'll make any difference given people have been complaining about this problem for years.

Feb 27, 2021 7:48 AM in response to jagälskarhundar

Hello jagälskarhundar,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. You've mentioned that the alert sound you get for low battery for your AirPods Pro is extremely loud. We certainly understand your concern, and we'd be happy to provide you with some information regarding this.

There isn't a way to adjust the alert volume for when the battery is low on the AirPods Pro. There will be notifications at 20, 10 and 5 percent of battery life remaining as well as the tone. The article below explains more.

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life

You can also leave feedback to Apple about this concern. You can use the link below to leave that feedback, if you choose.

Product Feedback

Kind regards.

Mar 27, 2022 4:19 PM in response to mike14-0

mike14-0 wrote:

I'm stunned that Apple still hasn't addressed or fixed this.

I literally just jumped when I got the warning (not the first time it happens by a long shot, but so loud it still scares the **** out of me). It was enough to make me log in and comment.

I imagine Apple engineers are using AirPods; how can they tolerate and justify a low volume sound that's so ridiculously out of place?

Have you told Apple your opinion?

Product Feedback - Apple

Commenting here doesn't give the information to anyone who can do anything.

Mar 30, 2022 6:00 AM in response to tjholowaychuk

tjholowaychuk wrote:

This is one of the dumbest things they could possibly do. Just add a setting to disable it please, no one wants to fall asleep and wake up to this annoying loud noise. It would take someone a few minutes to add a setting, please do it.

Have you told Apple what you'd like to see? They don't read here for suggestions.

Product Feedback - Apple

Jun 10, 2022 11:14 AM in response to BadWolfDaddy

BadWolfDaddy wrote:

Lmao you are just taunting another poor user on here by not clarifying that you are not Apple support.

Why would I need to clarify that I'm not Apple Support? The terms of use to which we all agreed when we signed up already does that?

4. Views expressed on the Site are not endorsed by Apple.

And

7. Apple may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Site.

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement - Apple Community

You did read the TOU before signing up, right?

Dec 5, 2021 11:18 AM in response to jagälskarhundar

I'm watching YouTube videos, in between videos where there is no sound output I get a SCREECHINGLY LOUD sound in my ears. Why? Is it some sort of torture protocol I have to endure for using Apple products? Why not just fix it so I don't have to comment in this thread virtually everyday. And my system volume was not even loud compared to the INSANELY LOUD screeching noise in my ears.

Jun 23, 2021 12:04 PM in response to Keisha_Keisha

I just created an account for this as well(see username). @Keisha_Keisha If you're an apple employee, could you please raise an internal ticket for this issue? I've submitted multiple feedback requests over the past year, and this is simply unacceptable for a lot of users - as evident by constant posts on /r/airpods on reddit.

AirPod Pro Low Battery Sound Too LOUD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.