Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect prime video on apple tv 4k

When i try to connect prime video on new apple tv 4k, Amazon service responds with the message "An error ocurred" and don't recognize my apple tv 4k. I've already updated the apple tv to the last OS version, download the last PrimeVideo app from Apple store, and reset the apple tv several times but I always get the same error. It seem not to be an Amazon issue since the connection works with no problem in my old apple tv 3rd Gen.

Any advice to solve this issue?

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 11:58 AM

I finally solve the problem, the issue was not either in Amazon's app or in Apple Tv, when I received the web authentication code from the Apple Tv to Amazon's Prime video, I opened my Prime video account ( in https://primevideo.com/mytv ) in the browser of my iPhone (safari with IOS 12.4.8) every time I sent the code to Amazon I received the message "An error ocurred, tray later". I tried to do the same authentication process in a PC (Windows 10 with browser Opera Versión:56.0.3051.43) with the same result, but here I noticed another messsage from the browser, site primevideo.com was trying to open an advertising add that was blocked.

So, I went to my iPhone, where I have installed the app 1Blocker Legacy to block advertising adds among other categories of non-desired pages and white-listed primevideo.com.

What I did was:

1. Open 1Block
  2. Go to section CONFIGURABLE
  3. Open category WhiteList
  4. Add the URL: www.primevideo.com

Repeat the authentication processo for Prime Video

1. Open the app (in Apple TV)
  2. Select section: Identify
  3. Get web code authentication (six letters and digitis)
  4. Open https://primevideo.com/mytv (in iPhone's Safari)
  5. Put my credentials for Prime video
  6. Write the code (six letters and digits)
  7. And Alas! Prime video started to work fine in my new Apple TV

It seems that Prime Video use a kind of advertising tag when process the web code, and my blockers interrupted the process avoiding to finish the authentication of my new device

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 11:58 AM in response to fgalanjmz

I finally solve the problem, the issue was not either in Amazon's app or in Apple Tv, when I received the web authentication code from the Apple Tv to Amazon's Prime video, I opened my Prime video account ( in https://primevideo.com/mytv ) in the browser of my iPhone (safari with IOS 12.4.8) every time I sent the code to Amazon I received the message "An error ocurred, tray later". I tried to do the same authentication process in a PC (Windows 10 with browser Opera Versión:56.0.3051.43) with the same result, but here I noticed another messsage from the browser, site primevideo.com was trying to open an advertising add that was blocked.

So, I went to my iPhone, where I have installed the app 1Blocker Legacy to block advertising adds among other categories of non-desired pages and white-listed primevideo.com.

What I did was:

1. Open 1Block
  2. Go to section CONFIGURABLE
  3. Open category WhiteList
  4. Add the URL: www.primevideo.com

Repeat the authentication processo for Prime Video

1. Open the app (in Apple TV)
  2. Select section: Identify
  3. Get web code authentication (six letters and digitis)
  4. Open https://primevideo.com/mytv (in iPhone's Safari)
  5. Put my credentials for Prime video
  6. Write the code (six letters and digits)
  7. And Alas! Prime video started to work fine in my new Apple TV

It seems that Prime Video use a kind of advertising tag when process the web code, and my blockers interrupted the process avoiding to finish the authentication of my new device

can't connect prime video on apple tv 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.