Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked MacBook Pro Bezel- What should I do?

Hi!

I’ve had my MacBook Pro for about two months now and just noticed a crack in the Bezel. It’s definitely not as bad as some others I’ve seen online but I just wanted to know if I should be worried? Will it continue to crack and continue breaking? What can I do to prevent further damage?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 6:43 AM

If you have an Apple Store near you, it is time to set up an appointment with the Genius Bar to have it looked at and sorted. If no Apple Store near you, see if you have an Authorized Apple Store near you and have them look at it.

The other option is to take a look at the link listed below and start a repair with Apple

https://support.apple.com/repair

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 6:43 AM in response to danaecole

If you have an Apple Store near you, it is time to set up an appointment with the Genius Bar to have it looked at and sorted. If no Apple Store near you, see if you have an Authorized Apple Store near you and have them look at it.

The other option is to take a look at the link listed below and start a repair with Apple

https://support.apple.com/repair

Apr 1, 2021 6:36 PM in response to danaecole

Personally I would just put some black electrical tape over it to help hold it in place and to keep the broken portion from falling away. Even if the glass bezel breaks away the laptop will still function, but it would expose the very delicate cables and LCD Panel. The damage is already done and Apple will charge you a lot to replace the whole Display Assembly (over $600 US)! You may as well wait until there is a real functional reason to replace the Display for that amount of money.

It is possible for an unauthorized tech to replace just the broken bezel (part costs about $15 US, labor ? ), but you want someone who knows what they are doing here since it is very easy to damage the very delicate cables beneath the Bezel. To me this just points to how idiotic Apple has become with their designs and official repairs.

Keep in mind anything caught between the display and the keyboard can cause this Bezel to crack. Even a piece of paper or business card may be enough if they get caught near the hinge area since there is very little clearance and the glass Bezel is very fragile and easily cracked.

Cracked MacBook Pro Bezel- What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.