Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crack on Macbook Air M1 2020

There is a new and random crack on the bezel of my macbook air. Will this cause structural issues?

I cannot afford to replace it as I was told it would $475 and up. Is this a cosmetic issue, and can i do anything to stop it from spreading or "remedy" it.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 6:29 AM

There's no way to answer your "future possibility" question as nobody can know what the future holds for your Mac. My guess is if the flaw suddenly appeared, it will propagate until whatever unbalanced stress causing it is finally relieved, But that's only a guess.

As to structural integrity, that depends on the exact nature of the crack; some are cosmetic, some are structural and I'd imagine only Apple can tell which yours really is.

Apple has given you the remedy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 6:29 AM in response to winnifer177

There's no way to answer your "future possibility" question as nobody can know what the future holds for your Mac. My guess is if the flaw suddenly appeared, it will propagate until whatever unbalanced stress causing it is finally relieved, But that's only a guess.

As to structural integrity, that depends on the exact nature of the crack; some are cosmetic, some are structural and I'd imagine only Apple can tell which yours really is.

Apple has given you the remedy.

Crack on Macbook Air M1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.