Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small Crack on the Bezel

Hi Everyone! I’m fairly new to this community.

For context, I recently bought my M1 Macbook Air bout 3 weeks ago. All was good, but then when I applied this laptop case, I was surprised to see a small crack(?) on the sides of my laptop, I presume, it’s called bezel 😅 i’m not really that familiar with the terms. Anyways, will that thing spreads more in the upcoming months/years? And if by chance i take it to repair, will it be under warranty?

Hope someone can help me out with this one.

Thank you and stay safe.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 9:45 AM

If the crack was caused by the case that you have installed on your MacBook, Apple will likely not fix it under warranty since that type of damage is not covered under the warranty. You can try and plead your case but sorry to say it's a hard lesson to learn regarding these "protective" cases. Thy are meant to protect but can damage in other ways since the tolerances of current devices are so tight that anything applied to the device that puts pressure on sensitive areas (like the LCD/screen can actually cause their own issues.

Just wondering which case exactly that was applied to the device...

Apple hardware warranty info: https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 9:45 AM in response to tonkashtsu

If the crack was caused by the case that you have installed on your MacBook, Apple will likely not fix it under warranty since that type of damage is not covered under the warranty. You can try and plead your case but sorry to say it's a hard lesson to learn regarding these "protective" cases. Thy are meant to protect but can damage in other ways since the tolerances of current devices are so tight that anything applied to the device that puts pressure on sensitive areas (like the LCD/screen can actually cause their own issues.

Just wondering which case exactly that was applied to the device...

Apple hardware warranty info: https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html

Small Crack on the Bezel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.