Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voiceover will not turn off no matter what I do.

I need help with Apple TV voiceover. It's turned off in Settings, At first it was random, but now everything I start on this device has a VO --- Netflix, Prime, AppleTV -- every app has it now. Shows I've never watched default to the VO., so it'd definitely not a setting I mistakenly made.

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 5:43 AM

VoiceOver is a screen reader feature that makes it easier for those who are blind or have low vision to use Apple TV. Its reads the menu options.

I think you might be referring to Audio Descriptions. On Apple TV, you can turn on audio descriptions to have scenes in videos described to you. This is a separate audio track for selected content, when available.

Turn audio descriptions on or off on your Apple TV or smart TV - Apple Support

Use audio descriptions on Apple TV - Apple Support

Depending on exact settings on your device, triple-click the Menu button may activate a set accessibility shortcut. To avoid accidental activation, you can turn off the accessibility shortcut by assigning none of the accessibility options (deselect all).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 5:43 AM in response to tucor

VoiceOver is a screen reader feature that makes it easier for those who are blind or have low vision to use Apple TV. Its reads the menu options.

I think you might be referring to Audio Descriptions. On Apple TV, you can turn on audio descriptions to have scenes in videos described to you. This is a separate audio track for selected content, when available.

Turn audio descriptions on or off on your Apple TV or smart TV - Apple Support

Use audio descriptions on Apple TV - Apple Support

Depending on exact settings on your device, triple-click the Menu button may activate a set accessibility shortcut. To avoid accidental activation, you can turn off the accessibility shortcut by assigning none of the accessibility options (deselect all).

Voiceover will not turn off no matter what I do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.