Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech 4K Pro Magnetic Webcam for Apple Pro Display XDR - Audio Issues

Has anyone else had issues with the above camera on OSX?

Essentially, when using Video Conferencing software, the WebCam audio locks up / crashes and ends up playing a random loop of sound.

I have tried many options to resolve this and in summary:

• The camera has been replaced twice by Apple - every single one has the same issue
  • I have tried this on my Apple Desktop machine and Mac Book Pro - I get the same issue on both
  • I have connected both via the display and direct to the computer - no difference
  • The issue started when I was running on Catalina and has continued to occur with Big Sur
  • I have applied all Mac Software updates and firmware updates - Logitech have not released any firmware updates for this webcam
  • It seems to be particularly affected by Skype for Business

I have contacted both Apple Support and Logitech on this matter - Apple have tried to help (by replacing the camera and suggesting avenues of investigation) - However, they now want me to refer this to Logitech.

When I last contacted Logitech, they essentially said they were unable to help and suggested I obtain a refund from Apple.

The camera is a matching peripheral for Apple devices and I am using a full Apple setup - I would have thought such an issue would be important to both companies and they would have gone out of their way to attempt to diagnose the issue and resolve. Seem like my assumption was wrong.

One suggestion is to purchase a Brio camera and swap the magnetic bases.

Any suggestions?

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:35 PM

You've already got a Brio camera (I think). I believe that yours is exactly the same camera as the BRIO, just rebranded for sale to users of the Apple Pro Display XDR, with a custom magnetic base instead of the usual clip-style mount for use with laptops.

I recently (early March 2021) bought nine Brio webcams for my theater company's use doing online shows (using Zoom and OBS in combination) and we are experiencing this exact same "audio stutter" phenomenon with, so far, four of the nine Brios.

At random times, during a Zoom videoconference meeting, one of the computers using a Brio mic will suddenly derail the whole meeting by playing back a short snippet of audio on a fast repeat, indefinitely, drowning out all other participants. The only way to stop it is to stop using that microphone, either by muting or unplugging it, or switching to a different input mic.

I thought maybe it was just something wrong with my particular hardware or software settings since it happened to me repeatedly using three different BRIO cameras, but never seemed to happen to any of the other eight or nine people in the meetings. However, in today's rehearsal it happened to one of our actors during a dress rehearsal. I'm using a MacBook Pro running Mojave; the actor's computer is a mac running High Sierra.

I'm diligently updating the BRIO firmware and LogiTune software apps at every available opportunity but so far Logitech is stumped. It's an open ticket right now. (For those interested, my logitech support ticket also has them investigating a glitch where the Brio changes its video settings--Field of View and White Balance--unexpectedly, either when turning off and on your camera feed, or when clicking between screens in the Camera Settings or LogiTune apps.)

Anyone else having "mic stutter" issues with their Brio or 4K Pro Magnetic Webcams? Please chime in! We need a fix for this.

--Julie

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 7:35 PM in response to Arif D.

You've already got a Brio camera (I think). I believe that yours is exactly the same camera as the BRIO, just rebranded for sale to users of the Apple Pro Display XDR, with a custom magnetic base instead of the usual clip-style mount for use with laptops.

I recently (early March 2021) bought nine Brio webcams for my theater company's use doing online shows (using Zoom and OBS in combination) and we are experiencing this exact same "audio stutter" phenomenon with, so far, four of the nine Brios.

At random times, during a Zoom videoconference meeting, one of the computers using a Brio mic will suddenly derail the whole meeting by playing back a short snippet of audio on a fast repeat, indefinitely, drowning out all other participants. The only way to stop it is to stop using that microphone, either by muting or unplugging it, or switching to a different input mic.

I thought maybe it was just something wrong with my particular hardware or software settings since it happened to me repeatedly using three different BRIO cameras, but never seemed to happen to any of the other eight or nine people in the meetings. However, in today's rehearsal it happened to one of our actors during a dress rehearsal. I'm using a MacBook Pro running Mojave; the actor's computer is a mac running High Sierra.

I'm diligently updating the BRIO firmware and LogiTune software apps at every available opportunity but so far Logitech is stumped. It's an open ticket right now. (For those interested, my logitech support ticket also has them investigating a glitch where the Brio changes its video settings--Field of View and White Balance--unexpectedly, either when turning off and on your camera feed, or when clicking between screens in the Camera Settings or LogiTune apps.)

Anyone else having "mic stutter" issues with their Brio or 4K Pro Magnetic Webcams? Please chime in! We need a fix for this.

--Julie

Mar 28, 2021 2:35 AM in response to JulieSeitel

Hi Julie,

You are correct, the original camera I had was almost identical to the Brio. However the firmware appeared to be specific to the Mac as I was unable to update it using the Logitech tools. This was the reason I decided to try the Brio instead - I was hoping the firmware updates would have resolved the issue.

However, I think I have found a workaround...

I have recently purchased the Logitech "Brio 4K Stream Edition" version of the camera. I have had it for over a week and so far, no issues. From what I was able to find out, this version of the camera uses completely different firmware.

Might be worth trying and getting Logitech to switch out your 'faulty' cameras for this if it works for you.

Arif

Logitech 4K Pro Magnetic Webcam for Apple Pro Display XDR - Audio Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.