Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i get my stuff back

I was told that I have to update my iphone 6s because the IOS was so old and that interfere with alot of applications and services,, when the software engineer started to update it he said he has to format the phone and he told me only the apps will be deleted but your photos, texts, contacts and notes will still be there. When i went home i found out the only few photos and all contacts are still there but the rest were deleted!!

Is there any chance that I can get them back? I mean texts,notes and rest of the photos? I need them urgently please.

Thank you in advance

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 4:54 AM

only if you have a backup that contains your content..

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you were syncing messages in iCloud, your messages would not be contained in your iPhone backup.

If there are messages stored in your iCloud, you should be able to see something in the bar graph when going to www.icloud.com, signing into your account and looking at Account Settings. Should be the green portion of the graph.

If they are there.. to recover them, you'd simply turn that back on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud turn on the switch for messages.

More or less the same thing for Photos. If you were using iCloud photos, an iPhone backup would not contain them. You can check to see if your photos are stored in iCloud by checking the Photos app in iCloud. If they are there, should just be able to turn on iCloud Photos on the phone. Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, turn on the switch for iCloud Photos.

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Again for Notes.. If you were using iCloud notes and syncing them with iCloud, I don't believe those would be in an iPhone backup either, you could try turning on the switch for Notes in the same area mentioned above.

For Notes other than iCloud, you can try what's in this link

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 4:54 AM in response to DrInvisible

only if you have a backup that contains your content..

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you were syncing messages in iCloud, your messages would not be contained in your iPhone backup.

If there are messages stored in your iCloud, you should be able to see something in the bar graph when going to www.icloud.com, signing into your account and looking at Account Settings. Should be the green portion of the graph.

If they are there.. to recover them, you'd simply turn that back on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud turn on the switch for messages.

More or less the same thing for Photos. If you were using iCloud photos, an iPhone backup would not contain them. You can check to see if your photos are stored in iCloud by checking the Photos app in iCloud. If they are there, should just be able to turn on iCloud Photos on the phone. Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, turn on the switch for iCloud Photos.

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Again for Notes.. If you were using iCloud notes and syncing them with iCloud, I don't believe those would be in an iPhone backup either, you could try turning on the switch for Notes in the same area mentioned above.

For Notes other than iCloud, you can try what's in this link

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

How can i get my stuff back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.