Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id email change

I have recently deleted my apple id account and I would like to add my email to a different apple id account I am currently using but I can’t because it informs me than the email is already used in a different account. Why is this happening since the account which was using that email is now deleted?

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:41 AM

Delete how? Did you go through the Apple process of requesting your Apple ID be deleted? Just signing out from a device does to delete the Apple ID.

Also note that even after actual deletion, the associated email address may not be available to use for a period of time. Some say a year, other's say 30 days. Other's say it may never be available. Apple does not have any documentation regarding this time frame.

Note that deleting an Apple ID is princess that cannot be reversed, and all associated data, purchases and apps belonging to the Apple ID will go away with it once completed: link-> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 6:41 AM in response to eleftheria18

Delete how? Did you go through the Apple process of requesting your Apple ID be deleted? Just signing out from a device does to delete the Apple ID.

Also note that even after actual deletion, the associated email address may not be available to use for a period of time. Some say a year, other's say 30 days. Other's say it may never be available. Apple does not have any documentation regarding this time frame.

Note that deleting an Apple ID is princess that cannot be reversed, and all associated data, purchases and apps belonging to the Apple ID will go away with it once completed: link-> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Apple id email change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.