Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot use Ken Burns effect on a square video?

I have a square FB video, 1080x1080 and I need to use a Ken Burns effect on a picture that has been cropped to fit the 1080x1080 project. When I try to add the Ken Burns effect to the picture, it keeps reverting back to the 16:9 version of the picture I'm trying to use the Ken Burns effect on and it has top and bottom black bars because it is not the correct 1080x1080 size. I would appreciate any help to get this to work properly. Thanks!

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:37 AM

You can't crop a crop. Ken Burns is a crop effect. Crop the image. Make it a compound clip and apply the Ken Burns effect to the compound. Make sure the compound dimensions are the square size you want.

2 replies

Cannot use Ken Burns effect on a square video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.