Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut Banner Notification

So I just picked up an 11. I made some shortcuts for apps and every time I open them a banner pops up notifying me that I’ve used the shortcut. I have followed the process of turning off banners and notifications completely through screen time. But I still get the banners even after double checking that the notifications for shortcuts is off.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 10:58 AM

I figured out a work around this. First off I want to say how difficult, unintuitive and broken the shortcuts/custom icon function is for iOS. Normally I’m pretty impressed with what Apple does but this is by far one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. End rant.

In the “shortcuts” app, select “automations”, select “app”, select all of the shortcut apps that I want the banners to be off for, create “action”, search and select “settings” then select from the list. I selected “assistive touch” since I never use this function, select “next” then turn ”off” “ask before running” confirm. Then select done. Exit the app and now banners will be turned off when ever opening a shortcut.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 10:58 AM in response to ajmannello

I figured out a work around this. First off I want to say how difficult, unintuitive and broken the shortcuts/custom icon function is for iOS. Normally I’m pretty impressed with what Apple does but this is by far one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. End rant.

In the “shortcuts” app, select “automations”, select “app”, select all of the shortcut apps that I want the banners to be off for, create “action”, search and select “settings” then select from the list. I selected “assistive touch” since I never use this function, select “next” then turn ”off” “ask before running” confirm. Then select done. Exit the app and now banners will be turned off when ever opening a shortcut.

Shortcut Banner Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.