Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K audio keeps dropping off

I have read the blogs statements and it seems Apple does not have a fix for this. Mine seems to drop off every few seconds but not consistent. I called Apple support but they could not offer any solution. They told me to call the store to take it in for repair. Personally, I don’t think this is the issue, Apple should provide replacement units with fixes installed

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 6:15 AM

They told me to call the store to take it in for repair.

The unit will have to be checked. If the technician can’t replicate the issue, then the issue is not with the unit, but with your other equipment or cables.

Apple should provide replacement units with fixes installed

That is very likely to happen with ‘repairs’. You may just get a replacement unit.

Note that out-of-warranty repairs go at a fixed rate. Apple TV Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 6:15 AM in response to mcp3703

They told me to call the store to take it in for repair.

The unit will have to be checked. If the technician can’t replicate the issue, then the issue is not with the unit, but with your other equipment or cables.

Apple should provide replacement units with fixes installed

That is very likely to happen with ‘repairs’. You may just get a replacement unit.

Note that out-of-warranty repairs go at a fixed rate. Apple TV Repair - Official Apple Support

Apple TV 4K audio keeps dropping off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.