Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move family members from their own icloud storage plan to my shared plan?

I and my family members have been paying for individual iCloud storage plans (well, I've been paying for them all) and just switched my plan to 2TB shared plan. Now when I go into Family Sharing it shows "Not Used" for the other two family members and I cannot see where to get them switched over rather than continuing to pay individually. How is this done?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:54 AM

Hi sdeibel,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with this issue you're seeing when attempting to share iCloud Storage with your family members. We're happy to help!

It sounds like you've completed the first part of the process successfully, upgrading your iCloud storage plan and offering the storage to your family. In order to take advantage of the shared storage, each family member must accept the offer from one of their personal devices.

You'll want to refer to the steps in this guide under the section titled, "If you already had an iCloud storage plan":

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family

Let us know if this helps, or if you've got any questions!

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 7:54 AM in response to sdeibel

Hi sdeibel,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with this issue you're seeing when attempting to share iCloud Storage with your family members. We're happy to help!

It sounds like you've completed the first part of the process successfully, upgrading your iCloud storage plan and offering the storage to your family. In order to take advantage of the shared storage, each family member must accept the offer from one of their personal devices.

You'll want to refer to the steps in this guide under the section titled, "If you already had an iCloud storage plan":

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family

Let us know if this helps, or if you've got any questions!

Have a great day!

How to move family members from their own icloud storage plan to my shared plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.