Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

Hello, I have a problem: my wife has an iCloud + subscription (200GB), I also have one (always 200GB) shared with my daughter . On the page Condividere iCloud+ con i familiari - Supporto Apple (IT) it says that "if a family member already uses a paid iCloud+ plan, they can choose whether to switch to your plan or keep theirs while continuing to be part of the Family group. "

I invited my wife to the family group but the only option she is presented with is to share my 200GB plan and not an option that allows her to keep her space separate from mine (200GB is not enough for us to backup our 3 iPhones and 2TB are too many).

How do I add it to the family group while keeping the 2 200GB plans separate?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the English

Sergio

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:49 PM

When I send the invitation to my wife to join the "Family group", my wife shows the following message

"Sergio wants to invite you to join a family.

Joining a family allows you to share subscriptions, purchases and more with family members, using your account to maintain your privacy and personal settings

You will have access to iCloud + with 200GB of space. Enabled for Sergio and Maya (my daughter) "

With only two buttons for the answer:

Accept invitation Reject invitation

If she refuses she does not join the family group, if she accepts, from what is written above, is it not that she will share my 200 GB of space?

Sergio

[EDIT]

OK, found.

My wife accepted the invitation, then entering in Settings, Apple ID, iCloud, manage space just "do not select" the "use space in family" option to keep the 2 iCloud plans separate.

Thanks for the support and sorry for the inconvenience but the support page was not so clear for me.

Sergio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Phil0124

When I send the invitation to my wife to join the "Family group", my wife shows the following message

"Sergio wants to invite you to join a family.

Joining a family allows you to share subscriptions, purchases and more with family members, using your account to maintain your privacy and personal settings

You will have access to iCloud + with 200GB of space. Enabled for Sergio and Maya (my daughter) "

With only two buttons for the answer:

Accept invitation Reject invitation

If she refuses she does not join the family group, if she accepts, from what is written above, is it not that she will share my 200 GB of space?

Sergio

[EDIT]

OK, found.

My wife accepted the invitation, then entering in Settings, Apple ID, iCloud, manage space just "do not select" the "use space in family" option to keep the 2 iCloud plans separate.

Thanks for the support and sorry for the inconvenience but the support page was not so clear for me.

Sergio

Sep 12, 2022 1:14 PM in response to Sergio Molteni

What happens when you subscribe? I don't use iCloud Plus but I would expect her to see some message asking her if she wants to join your plan or keep her own. From the document to which you provide a link:

"Switch from your personal iCloud+ plan to your family plan

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they

can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain

part of the family. "

Sep 12, 2022 1:16 PM in response to Sergio Molteni

Your wife can keep her plan simply by not choosing to switch to your shared plan.

She needs to actually switch to your plan for her to be cancelled. As long as she does not manually switch, her plan will continue to be used on her devices, and her devices only.

She only needs to decline the offer to switch to yours. There's no specific selection needed to keep hers.

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.