iCloud+ or Apple One Subscription to get extra storage in Family Sharing?

Ok, I'm sure this answer is somewhere in the community. Had a look through a few posts but didn't find exactly what I would like know.

Firstly, Apple can you please offer a 1TB storage plan pretty please 🙏🏼

I have an iCloud+ storage plan with 200GB. I would like to share that with another family member. I know that they then have access to the 200GB. However 200GB is not quite enough, and having to upgrade to 2TB is way too much.

I would like that family to purchase either a 50GB or 200GB plan and share that with the family group so we can have 250GB or 400GB to share.

1. Is this possible at all?
  2. If it is possible can it be done using iCloud+
  3. Or do we have Apple One as the starting plan?

If anyone can shed some light on my dilemma that'd be great.

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 6:26 AM

1. Click here and ask. Note that Apple previously offered those but upgraded everyone with one to 2TB for no additional cost.

2. Only if the organizer sets it up. Family members can't simultaneously have their own plan and use the shared one.

3. Sign up for Apple One first, and then resubscribe to iCloud+.

(242701)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 6:26 AM in response to bbiiggaa

1. Click here and ask. Note that Apple previously offered those but upgraded everyone with one to 2TB for no additional cost.

2. Only if the organizer sets it up. Family members can't simultaneously have their own plan and use the shared one.

3. Sign up for Apple One first, and then resubscribe to iCloud+.

(242701)

iCloud+ or Apple One Subscription to get extra storage in Family Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.