Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to go use Apple One and share with my family. If some family members already have 200GB of iCloud storage, and are already "maxed out", how can we share 200GB under the Apple One plan? Can an individual buy their own 200GB of ICloud storage?

Can members of my family plan, buy their own 200GB of iCloud storage, or do we have to all live under the family plan storage? My wife and I currently share 200GB of iCloud storage and are okay, but my daughter is maxed out on her own plan. If we switch to the Apple One Family plan how can we coexist harmoniously? What are the options under Apple One? Could she keep her own separate iCloud storage, or do we have to pay up and go to the 2TB option?

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:13 AM

Each member can choose to use their own iCloud Storage or join the shared storage.

If the purchased storage of a family member is more than the shared amount, they can choose to keep both plans.

Otherwise, they must choose one or the other.

Your daughter can keep her own plan, and not use the shared storage.

See here for details: link-> What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 9:13 AM in response to markfromklein

Each member can choose to use their own iCloud Storage or join the shared storage.

If the purchased storage of a family member is more than the shared amount, they can choose to keep both plans.

Otherwise, they must choose one or the other.

Your daughter can keep her own plan, and not use the shared storage.

See here for details: link-> What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

I want to go use Apple One and share with my family. If some family members already have 200GB of iCloud storage, and are already "maxed out", how can we share 200GB under the Apple One plan? Can an individual buy their own 200GB of ICloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.