Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgotten passcode

my Face ID won't enable until I've put passcode in, forgotten passcode, how do I back up iPhone without it resetting all my data

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 9:54 AM

if the phone is not disabled yet.. and you've backed up to a Mac before, you might be able to plug in your phone and make a backup so long as the 'trust' has already been established.

I don't back up to iTunes/Windows, so I'm not sure if it's the same.

5 replies

Feb 26, 2021 9:48 AM in response to rhea125

The only mechanism to reset the screen lock passcode is to restore the device, erasing it so a new passcode can be set. There is no alternative mechanism to reset the screen lock passcode. Once the passcode has been reset, you can restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup file. But without the backup already in place, data loss is inevitable.

See -> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

forgotten passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.