Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 1 bad battery life

I have had the original iPhone SE for a number of years and love, for its size and performance.

Recently the battery life has declined precipitously, despite turning apps and cellular service, etc., off. iOS 14.4 is installed. Is that the problem? Some have said the latest iOS is hard on batteries.

I have to recharge several times a day with light usage. And it drops off FAST.

The battery analyses on the phone itself says it's OK. Should I get a new battery?

Thanks for any help!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 10:33 AM

8 replies

Feb 28, 2021 2:12 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I had the battery in the SE-1 replaced yesterday ($40), and now the phone works like a charm, like new. Charged last night and still have 54% at 5pm after a day of intermittent use. With the old battery it would have been recharged several hours ago.

That was it. I'm puzzled about the utility of the battery condition reading which showed 100% and nothing wrong.

iPhone SE 1 bad battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.