Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

onedrive read only

Recently i can only Read-Only my documents for onedrive in the files APP, i cannot add new folders etc and cannot find a reason why.

My subscription to Microsoft is current and i am logged in on my device.

any ideas?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 12:47 PM

This is still ongoing for me. It's really disruptive because i use this method to get all my emailed blueprints into OneDrive.. i would've thought this would be back up by now.. Can't tell you how many hours i wasted trying to fix this, thinking i caused it. They should've sent out an email.

Similar questions

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Plumb_

This is still ongoing for me. It's really disruptive because i use this method to get all my emailed blueprints into OneDrive.. i would've thought this would be back up by now.. Can't tell you how many hours i wasted trying to fix this, thinking i caused it. They should've sent out an email.

Feb 28, 2021 12:32 PM in response to Plumb_

Hello. This has happened to me. And if I'm not mistaken it happened today. If my assessment is correct it may have happened after I overwrote some files several times on pc and kept fetching them through Goodnotes 5 (import) on the iPad over and over after each new pc upload and overwrite.

Maybe the iPad kept "arguing" with Onedrive claiming the copy it had of the file was different then the current one and Onedrive simply disabled the iPad's writing privileges as a sort of anti-spam or anti-flood measure. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else.

Mar 11, 2021 10:49 PM in response to J_j78

I have opened a discussion with Microsoft and expressed my concern (not sure what good it will do) but thought they should know how disruptive it is and said that it should have been resolved by now.

They have said that they will keep me updated so as soon as I know anything I will put it on here ( you can also check the AppStore to see if there is an update to the App)

Best Wishes - Richard

Mar 26, 2021 12:55 PM in response to tkpandey

Hello everybody,

I have noticed the issue only one week back. I kept looking at every single thing that might have caused it. Have spoken also to Apple Support team who advised that I speak to Microsoft team. Microsoft Support team are not that responsive. Have also raised a ticket.

my understanding from the above trail is that it has not been solved yet. Anybody has any different info, please share. Also any predictions on when should the big be fixed?

onedrive read only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.