Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I have my ipod classics battery replaced and still keep the music that is already on it?

I have an apple IPOD classic. I know its old but I do love it. I think it needs a new battery because it won't even take a charge when I plug it in. I get an "X" on my screen and the apple support website on the bottom. Can I get a new battery and will I keep all the music that is on it?

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:00 PM

If it were the battery then the answer to the question in the title is yes, but you would be wise to extract the media first just in case something were to go wrong. As it is the hard drive has probably failed and you've missed the opportunity to recover your media. See If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support (archived copy).

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 4:00 PM in response to allconfused1

If it were the battery then the answer to the question in the title is yes, but you would be wise to extract the media first just in case something were to go wrong. As it is the hard drive has probably failed and you've missed the opportunity to recover your media. See If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support (archived copy).

tt2

can I have my ipod classics battery replaced and still keep the music that is already on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.