Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Mail - not happy with layout of menu

I don't like that all of the options menu moved - the one with the delete, reply, spam, etc. Now instead of a quick mouse above my emails I have to go to the right and search for them... I don't like it at all - how do I change the menu location? so not cool. why do companies such as apple and Facebook - change things when they update? Nothing exceptional added, just changing to change and it seems when they do that it just complicates things and makes it harder to figure out where everything is. FFS! 

How do I change everything in the mail to go back to the way it was? I'm really not liking this at all.

Thanks!

MacBook, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 5:50 PM

How do I change everything in the mail to go back to the way it was? I'm really not liking this at all.

I'm not sure what you are describing, but if you ctrl-click on the toolbar, you can customize it and put things where you want, to some degree.

If the options you like don't exists in Big Sur, erase your drive and restore from the backup you made prior to Big Sur, or just install the OS you had prior to upgrading.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 5:50 PM in response to seacress

I'm not sure what you are describing, but if you ctrl-click on the toolbar, you can customize it and put things where you want, to some degree.

If the options you like don't exists in Big Sur, erase your drive and restore from the backup you made prior to Big Sur, or just install the OS you had prior to upgrading.

Feb 26, 2021 11:34 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you so much for your reply. :) I was referring to the email toolbar. I didn't know I could drag and drop! (So cool, apologies for my previous comment! :) I had already searched for answers for a good bit of time and experimented with everything, lol. I didn't know it was possible to drag and drop - similar to the back end of my website! I appreciate your help and time. I've got it looking / feeling like it was, pretty close anyway. Yay :)

Thank you Barney!

Big Sur Mail - not happy with layout of menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.