Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old iPhone was stolen. Can I locate it with the IEMI number?

My ex girlfriend stole my iPhone over a year ago but I was able to access her web history and saw she entered the IMEI number on swappa. Am I able to locate the iPhone and how should I proceed if so?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 3:57 AM

you can't,

the carrier can, they can triangular locate it from the IMEI it's not something they do without the police having a warrant and a somewhat costly affair much higher than the cost of the phone itself, it's used for finding missing persons.

the only thing you can do is If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

and in some countries when one report the phone stolen with the local law enforcements they have all carriers in the country block the IMEI so the phone can't be used, in other countries one has to get ones carrier to block it oneself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 3:57 AM in response to Myexstolemyiphone9

you can't,

the carrier can, they can triangular locate it from the IMEI it's not something they do without the police having a warrant and a somewhat costly affair much higher than the cost of the phone itself, it's used for finding missing persons.

the only thing you can do is If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

and in some countries when one report the phone stolen with the local law enforcements they have all carriers in the country block the IMEI so the phone can't be used, in other countries one has to get ones carrier to block it oneself.

My old iPhone was stolen. Can I locate it with the IEMI number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.