Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MMS SMS MISSING ON IPAD AFTER 14.4 UPDATE?

I cannot send messages to Android phones, the MMS is gone on my Ipad when I checked to make sure it was on. I reset network settings, turned on airplane mode then shut it off, shut Ipad off then back on again...nothing works? When I try to send message I get exclamation mark with Not Delivered, also "Cannot Send Message" MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message."

Please advise.

Yvonne

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 1:53 PM

Maybe a setting has be altered. Here is the Apple document on the subject

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 1, 2021 11:50 AM in response to jimfrombridgeton

My iPhone 12 with iOS 14.4 Messages Settings has option “Send as SMS” and successfully sends messages to Android phones.

This iPad problem appears to be only solved with an iOS update to fix the problem

The Apple Support link is outdated and useless. It’s answer is pre iOS 14.4 and refers to an operation that does not exist in iOS 14.4. Apple Support should date stamp their postings & indicate the iOS version being addressed.

MMS SMS MISSING ON IPAD AFTER 14.4 UPDATE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.