Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay keeps my old address

I moved 3 years ago, but Apple pay keeps showing my old address (sometimes).

I've taken all of the suggested steps. I don't need reminders of those steps.

Repeated these steps multiple times hoping for a different results, which says something about my IQ. Please assume that I have done all the suggested steps in various sequences. There doesn't seem to be a simple answer to this.

This happens on my Macs mostly. Seems not to happen on ipad and iphone.

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:15 AM

Well, I can give you a list of everywhere to check for your address that you can access.

for iPhone

1. settings>Wallet & Apple Pay>transaction defaults>address - edit as needed.
  2. Wallet>first card(check all cards)>tap three dots in corner>billing address-adjust as needed
  3. settings>your name at the top>payment & shipping>edit the address as needed
  4. your contact card in contacts

For Mac

1. contact card in contacts
  2. Music app>iTunes Store>account(at the bottom)>billing address - edit as needed.
  3. iCloud.com>contacts>your contact card

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 8:15 AM in response to CoreCorps

Well, I can give you a list of everywhere to check for your address that you can access.

for iPhone

1. settings>Wallet & Apple Pay>transaction defaults>address - edit as needed.
  2. Wallet>first card(check all cards)>tap three dots in corner>billing address-adjust as needed
  3. settings>your name at the top>payment & shipping>edit the address as needed
  4. your contact card in contacts

For Mac

1. contact card in contacts
  2. Music app>iTunes Store>account(at the bottom)>billing address - edit as needed.
  3. iCloud.com>contacts>your contact card

Feb 27, 2021 8:48 PM in response to askbarnabas

Sorry, that wasn't a good way to ask for help. My old address still pops up after I have replaced it with my new address everywhere I can find in the Apple / Apple pay / credit card / icloud eco system. If I inspect any of those, my correct address is the only one that appears. The old address is gone. But sometimes - not always - my old address appears in the shipping and billing fields when I use apple pay. Looking thru the forum, I can see that others have had this problem, and the help is typically just use your ios device, go here, click this, change that, and presto you're done. But I've done all of those things. I can see only my correct address everywhere it is listed. But the old address still pops up from time to time. Maybe if I had a higher level view of where names and addresses are stored, I might be able to find a solution.

Mar 1, 2021 8:12 PM in response to askbarnabas

So I think Askbarnabas has it right: the problem is a payment processor. My old address does not exist anywhere in the apple system or at the bank that supports apple pay. So it must be outside the system. And today, I checked my account at the coffee roaster that I mentioned before. And guess what: my old address was on the account and marked "default." Now here's the spooky part: The first time I ordered beans from them was long after I was living at my current address. I wouldn't have set up the account with my old address, so it shouldn't have been on the account. But there it was. My current address also appeared (twice) but wasn't the default. How did the old address get posted on the account? Had to be a payment processor.

Feb 27, 2021 9:27 PM in response to SeattleRick

Thank you for your explanation. I just asked for help with my account because it stopped processing purchases but I now realize that something similar was happening to me. I have a different billing address than is my shipping address but all of a sudden I saw that the shipping address was showing up in both places so I would manually change the billing address to what it had been previously. Even with doing that, the payment just wouldn't process. I, too, was doing everything I thought was correct. My last effort yielded a pop up message: "This website is unable to complete you payment." Other failed efforts on other sites, however, ended with the never-ending sitting-and-thinking wheel.

This is my first time turning to this support community for help and I fear that my original question was all too brief and inadequate so I hope I didn't irritate askbarnabas too much!

Feb 28, 2021 5:48 PM in response to askbarnabas

For a while, I thought various websites might be storing the old address. One place the old address comes up is a coffee roaster, but they had my correct address on file and I had never ordered from them before my move. That said, I saw the map that appeared, showing where the delivery would be made. I would think the map comes from apple maps and not google. I checked to see if my old address was a favorite on apple maps. Nope. I did find my old address on an old google account. Probably not relevant, though. So ? Like corecorps, I'm glad to have some advice

Feb 28, 2021 10:09 PM in response to askbarnabas

It seems like it should all start with ApplePay. Isn't it possible to somehow access your own ApplePay account to see what is under your personal settings, as is the case with other online services, or is ApplePay not a stand-alone that simply ties into these processors you're referring to? Sorry that I'm not more familiar with how these things work. And how does one go about finding out where and how the information changed? It's a bit unsettling that it worked ok and then it didn't, and that personal information is beyond the control of the account holder.

Thanks for trying to help. I thought this would be easy to work out--that someone would say, "Oh, yeah, you just have to......" or "Just click on the such-'n-such Apple Support site and re-do your information," which is what I tried to find for myself but instead ended up imposing on you nice people.

Mar 1, 2021 10:11 PM in response to SeattleRick

Thanks, askbarnabas and SeattleRick. Looks like my only option is to just use PayPal. When I try to use ApplePay, like I said, it comes up with my shipping address for both shipping and billing so my card won't authorize. When I change the billing address in the pop-up window, it still won't authorize but just sits there and thinks about it..... forever. Oh, well!

Apple Pay keeps my old address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.