Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shazam and Itunes

i can no longer buy a song from Shazam on iTunes. Why not?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 11:51 AM

10 replies

Mar 2, 2021 8:18 AM in response to compatty

Hello compatty.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you cannot buy songs using Shazam. We will be glad to assist. What happens when you attempt to purchase a song using Shazam? Is there an error? Have you tried closing the app and restarting your iPhone?

First, let's verify the steps taken to make a purchase:

Buy songs you've identified with Shazam

On iPhone and iPad, you can buy songs from the iTunes Store with or without having an Apple Music subscription.

1. Tap the more button  next to a Shazam.
  2. Tap Buy on iTunes.

Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more

Additionally, see this resource which can also help:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Cheers.

Mar 8, 2021 5:59 PM in response to compatty

compatty Said:

"Shazam and Itunes: i can no longer buy a song from Shazam on iTunes. Why not?"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Perhaps this is a glitch? So report it to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. These are User-to-User forums, and Apple barely reads these forums as it is.

Report this Bug to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Data Loss" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Mention: How you came access this and how you have troubleshot it so far.
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

Mar 6, 2021 10:34 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I have the same issue. Once you identify a song in Shazam, the option to buy in iTunes, appears as not available. Even in cases where I know the song IS available in iTunes. So I have to exit Shazam, and look for the song in iTunes directly, instead of the ussual link from Shazam to that song in iTunes. What is up with that??? Why???

Mar 8, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Cuebix

Cuebix Said:

"Agreed. However, ITunes seems to also block you searching for the same artist completely when you try to search for the song following a successful matched track from Shazam."

-------

Disable Cellular:

Looking on the top-right careener of your screenshot, I see that Cellular (4G) is enabled. So, disabled it, seeing if that makes iTunes work.

Shazam and Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.