Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchasing Songs I Shazam

Why can’t I purchase songs I Shazam anymore? I don’t want to subscribe to Apple Music!

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:59 PM

The direct link from Shazam to 'Buy on iTunes" has been discontinued. However, once Shazam has identified the song, you can go into the iTunes Store (or another download store of your choice, such as Amazon Digital Music) and buy the song.

It is not a bug. The official document was updated on March 11 to remove the reference to "Buy on iTunes." See new version here:

Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 12:59 PM in response to NJordanGA

The direct link from Shazam to 'Buy on iTunes" has been discontinued. However, once Shazam has identified the song, you can go into the iTunes Store (or another download store of your choice, such as Amazon Digital Music) and buy the song.

It is not a bug. The official document was updated on March 11 to remove the reference to "Buy on iTunes." See new version here:

Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more - Apple Support

Mar 17, 2021 8:05 AM in response to NJordanGA

NJordanGA Said:

"Purchasing Songs I Shazam: Why can’t I purchase songs I Shazam anymore? I don’t want to subscribe to Apple Music!"

-------

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Seeing similar posts, this seems to be a common issue. Hence, most certainly a bug. So, inform Apple of this bug - Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Inform Apple: of how you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Purchasing Songs I Shazam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.