Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't the Windows 10 PC version of iTunes recognize when there is a CD in the computer's tray?

I had to back up my 6-month old Dell PC's hard drive, do a factory reset, wipe the hard drive, and then reinstall Windows 10 because a Windows 10 update caused a BSOD crash. I have reinstalled iTunes (unfortunately from the Microsoft Store) but iTunes will not recognize when I insert a CD into the computer's CD tray. And because of how the Microsoft Store installed iTunes, I cannot find the application anywhere on my C drive in File Explorer.

The CD button or icon is not visible on the iTunes desktop and I cannot launch iTunes anywhere except from the task bar or the Start menu.

What gives?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 1:47 AM

You could remove the Microsoft Store version of iTunes and then use the traditional installer from one of these links:

tt2

1 reply

Why won't the Windows 10 PC version of iTunes recognize when there is a CD in the computer's tray?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.