Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Date/Time Title has the wrong date and time.

Trying to edit a video for my friend. Putting together videos of their child's first year by importing the videos from a shared iCloud album. I'm importing them through iMovie through My Media > Shared. (1st screenshot) Every time I try to add the Date/Time title it gives me the date and time I added the files to the project. It's really frustrating as there's so many clips. I see that there's "Adjust Clip Date and Time," but it won't allow me to click it even when I have a clip selected. (second screenshot) I'm really frustrated because I don't want to manually edit every clip as I have three hours of footage. I just updated to the latest software, macOS Big Sur and update iMovie as well to 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 6:49 PM

Hi, brianajpeg,

As stated in iMovie help: "If you choose to import video footage into your library, iMovie automatically places the clips into events, based on the date and time the video footage was recorded. " In the library media browser you can then sort the clips by date (Select the clips in the library media browser and then do View/Sort Clips by/Date).

You can change the date of a clip, individually or in a batch, by selecting the clip or clips in the library media browser and doing a Modify/Adjust Clip Date and Time.

If the above is not happening on your Mac, try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 6:49 PM in response to brianajpeg

Hi, brianajpeg,

As stated in iMovie help: "If you choose to import video footage into your library, iMovie automatically places the clips into events, based on the date and time the video footage was recorded. " In the library media browser you can then sort the clips by date (Select the clips in the library media browser and then do View/Sort Clips by/Date).

You can change the date of a clip, individually or in a batch, by selecting the clip or clips in the library media browser and doing a Modify/Adjust Clip Date and Time.

If the above is not happening on your Mac, try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie Date/Time Title has the wrong date and time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.