Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make a removable hard drive’s contents visiable on Apple Music?

I am wondering how to make my hard drives music visible on Apple Music. It is an iMac, with the latest version of software installed. The hard drive is connected to the computer via USB cable. I open up Apple Music and it can’t show me the music on it, is it possible to make it visible or not and if so how?

Cheers!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 7:38 AM

Hi Nerd,

The app shows you what is in your library. If you want the tracks on the other drives to be visible in the app, you have to add them to the library: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Before you do this, go to Preferences > Files and make sure "Keep..." and "Copy..." are both not checked. Otherwise every file on the drive will be copied to your local.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 7:38 AM in response to Nerd85

Hi Nerd,

The app shows you what is in your library. If you want the tracks on the other drives to be visible in the app, you have to add them to the library: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Before you do this, go to Preferences > Files and make sure "Keep..." and "Copy..." are both not checked. Otherwise every file on the drive will be copied to your local.

Make a removable hard drive’s contents visiable on Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.