Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur installation issue?

Installing Big Sur on my new MacBook Pro, well trying to anyway. After downloading for the last four hours (three times total) I keep getting this Gatekeeper error and have to redownload the file. I've tried downloading from the App Store, from Apple's website itself, and through the system updater, all to no avail. Does anyone have a workaround to this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Okay. Solution time.

Talked with Apple Support. Restarted my MacBook Pro into Internet Recovery Mode (Restart - Command+Option+R Until Apple Logo appears) and had to download Big Sur from the Internet Recovery Mode.

3 replies

Feb 27, 2021 5:45 PM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for your reply. Upon checking, that specific configuration was what was set by default. The specific issue I am having is this "Gatekeeper" error that's not allowing the update to install. The most recent time I got this error which tells me that no packages were eligible for install even though I downloaded it directly from the App Store. Any thoughts?

Big Sur installation issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.