Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't play Prime Video on 2012 MacBook Pro. Getting "Missing Plug-in"

I can't play Prime Video on my 2012 MacBook Pro getting "Missing Plug-in" no options presented to download a plugin or otherwise resolve the issue. Please help. Thanks in advance

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 7:10 PM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2021 9:05 AM in response to Deuce_Shotton

Yosemite is the most resent version of OS X that I am allowed to load on this MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Not so. Who told you that?

The Mid 2012 13-inch non-Retina can run as high as Mac OS 10.15 "Catalina." We have two; one runs Catalina and the other Mojave. No issues. See the 10.15 Catalina Systen reqs here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP803?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

and the "About this Mac..." window from my Mid 2012 MBP happily running Mojave:

The problem with Prime is that the old versions of browsers with Yosemite may not support the current HTML5 video standards without a plug-in, but the 2012 MBP will if you simple update your OS.

You can get Mojave or Catalina here:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

If you have older versions of expensive software like MS Office or Adobe CS/CC, i strongly recommend not upgrading to Catalina 10.14 just yet. Old softwarwe won't run on Catalina. I suggest Mojave q0.14--it is friendly to older apps.

can't play Prime Video on 2012 MacBook Pro. Getting "Missing Plug-in"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.