Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Keeps Freezing on iPad

Hello,

My iPad Air 3 with WiFi and Cellular keeps freezing on Safari. It doesn't crash, Safari just stops working and then comes back to life again. Is this anything to do with the Experimental Features of WebKit. This normally happens when watching a video on a website, when adverts load into a website, and when I am typing something into a form or a document or simillar.

My iPad has been restarted many times to fix the problem and it is updated to the latest version of iPad OS.

Please reply to me as soon as you can -

Regards,

OliverTGH

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 3:34 AM

Have you already tried to clear your Safari history and cookies using this procedure?:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When done, restart your iPad.

If the issue still persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 3:34 AM in response to OliverTGH

Have you already tried to clear your Safari history and cookies using this procedure?:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When done, restart your iPad.

If the issue still persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Safari Keeps Freezing on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.