Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad won't update certain apps

recently my Netflix app will not update...I get no error as to why....it shows the Netflix Logo with the cloud download symbol next to it but it does not update....what's wrong?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 5:18 AM

I think it's because now Netflix app requires at least iOS/iPadOS 13 or later.

Perhaps your iPad Mini model cannot support iOs versions beyond 12.5.1 because of hardware incompatibility (CPU/RAM).

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

Feb 28, 2021 9:57 AM in response to mbuntjer

I'm sorry for your decision, but let me tell you I don't agree with it. I try to explain why.

If it is true that the device you are using does not support an operating system beyond version 12.5.1, your model could be a 2nd generation iPad Mini (released on 2013) or a 3rd generation iPad Mini (released on 2014).

Now, thinking about what 7-8 years of old age mean in electronics (hardware manufacturers) or IT (application developers), you can well understand they may have chosen (for their understandable cost reasons) not to be able to keep up-to-date their products. This "forced" incompatibility between hardware and software, although unwelcome to end users like you and me, is often not overcome and, contrary to what you might think, it does not happen only at Apple, but for any manufacturer.

You are obviously free to make your own choices, but know that you will not find a very different world outside.

I'm sure you understand my point.

Regards

Giulio

my iPad won't update certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.