Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to install Mojave on my Late 2012 Mac Mini, I get the following message: This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can't be used to Install macOS. Any help with this would be appreciated.

When I try to install Mojave on my Late 2012 Mac Mini, I get the following message: This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can't be used to Install macOS. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 4:34 PM

Thanks to both dialabrain and P.Phillips. I have been able to download the Mojave update from Safe Mode and install it. One thing to mention to anyone reading this thread - when booting in safe mode, you should first disconnect any remote devices - hard drives, printers, backup drives. With those connected, the boot locks up and won't complete.

Again, thanks.

NemO

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 4:34 PM in response to dialabrain

Thanks to both dialabrain and P.Phillips. I have been able to download the Mojave update from Safe Mode and install it. One thing to mention to anyone reading this thread - when booting in safe mode, you should first disconnect any remote devices - hard drives, printers, backup drives. With those connected, the boot locks up and won't complete.

Again, thanks.

NemO

Feb 28, 2021 8:06 AM in response to Nemo 0684

Nemo 0684 wrote:

Thank you for this information. Unfortunately, in the Download macOS step, when I click the link for macOS Mojave, I have the same problem. It takes me to the Mojave page in the App Store where the only option I see is "Open". I click that and again get the same message that the application is damaged and can't be used. Is there another way to download the installer?

Delete "Install macOS Mojave" from the Applications folder then try downloading again while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Feb 28, 2021 7:53 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for this information. Unfortunately, in the Download macOS step, when I click the link for macOS Mojave, I have the same problem. It takes me to the Mojave page in the App Store where the only option I see is "Open". I click that and again get the same message that the application is damaged and can't be used. Is there another way to download the installer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.